Sunday, October 30, 2011

Heaviness

My heart feels so heavy because it is inevitable that my elderly father, currently on hospice, will leave us.  Several times this past week it felt like his passing was imminent.  And then he would show resiliency. We all would embrace hope, only to have it dashed against the rocky shore of reality when he would decline once more.

This journey through hope and sorrow with my mom and my siblings has been so poignant and painful.

I haven't posted much lately and wanted to write something, but I cannot much think today of fashion accessories . . . so here are some of my sweet photo favorites and one sweet little dress from Etsy sellers whose shops I recommend when you are looking for the perfect holiday gift for someone you love.

Playful Red Fox in Winter by levimitchellphotos

Red Rose Photograph by FirstLightPhoto

Red Bike by Raceytay

Mississippi River Sunset by LaCanforaPhotos

Accidental Heart by RobinPanzer Art

Horse Photography by EyePoetryPhotography

Girls' Dress Vintage Inspired Jane Austen in Shabby Roses by vintageprecious

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh, Sharon, I am so so sorry for all that you and your family - and your dad - are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Big hug.

xo Brenda

moonlitfantaseas said...

I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through.......letting go of a loved one is never easy, you are in my thoughts and prayers....

Cindy said...

So sorry to hear you are losing your beloved father. I went through in-home hospice with my own dad last year. As difficult as it is, you will be so glad you spent those last days with him. Sending you a big hug and thoughts of lighter days ahead.

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear your Dad is in hospice. It must be a comfort to have your family around. I will keep you in my thoughts and my heart goes out to you and your family at this sad time. Take care, regards, T. :)

shellie said...

sorry for such a difficult....dont worry about posts we will be here waiting and watching....that fox is adorable.