Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First Portland Snow of the Year


This was the majestic tree that stood sentinel over the path we choose into the woods on Sunday.  It was at least twenty feet tall and had a grand spiritual presence.

The path was muddy under the snow for it had not yet been below freezing for very long. We followed the trail to High Bridge where I paused to look down at Tryon Creek, surrounded by snow covered branches.
The water below looked so cold.  


The air was frightfully chilly and I was wearing so many layers of clothes that I could hardly shuffle along the path. 

Across high bridge Dennis took this beautiful photo, and then I was ready to come home:


At home I fixed us some hot chocolate and then I worked on this new scarf design:


All in all, it was a very good day!

No comments: