Friday, May 28, 2010

Bridge of Glass: Part 1

We are walking up the stairs to the bridge of glass. It's rather plain looking. Where's all the glass?

Up ahead are two magnificent glass spruce (?) trees that you saw in the last post. They are great, but is that all? I'm thinking that I would never call something a "bridge of glass' if that was all.

Ahead on the bridge are two covered areas to walk through. That's where the magic, and forty-five minutes of shooting photos, began.

The first covered area had a wall of glass and steel cubicles with glass artwork in each. On the opposite side from this was a built-in bench that was the perfect spot to drink in the beautiful colors, do a little meditating, or sit and take photographs.

Here are some of my favorites from this first covered area:




















This last photo of the little putti (Italian word for cherub) is my favorite. Next post I'll show you what was in the second covered section. It's gonna be great!

3 comments:

Erin Wallace said...

I *Love* glassware and I'd probably go bonkers in this museum. But at the same time, I'd be afraid of breaking everything! I am a klutz!

xo Erin

cabin + cub said...

Wow.. those are all such amazing pieces. It is amazing what artists can do with glass!

ps. I think Martha Stewart's billboard art would be something like a full size piece of swiss chocolate carved with a toile pattern with a golden 18th c french chisel... something really easy to make. heehee

elsie said...

what a stunning exhibit I LOVE glass work!