Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dreaming of Tango Shoes


The only thing better than a ruby slipper reverie is to dream about tango shoes, especially the sexy red ones.

Or dancing tango in red light:


Tango fashion is just as much fun as tango dancing, and tango shoes are a key element in a milonguera's wardrobe. Would that my middle-aged feet could still wear some of these sexy stilettos which are often found in 3 1/2 to 4 inch heel heights.

A good tango shoe, with a very high heel placed straight at the very rear of the foot bed really helps you to maintain the forward position that is characteristic of Argentine tango. This shoe is different from a traditional ballroom shoe in which the shoe's heel is placed in a central position under your heel and in which the heel is not usually as tall.

I can wear 3-inch heeled tango shoes, if they are well padded and fit my feet perfectly, for about an hour and a half. Then I start walking like a sailor on shore leave because my feet ache so much. This is a serious limitation to taking intensive tango workshops. Nevertheless, a girl can dream!

(Even milongueros can have this dream.)



If you would like to dream of dancing tango in sexy shoes, here are some Comme Il Faut tango shoes featured in a video that will show you the allure of a night spent dancing tango.


3 comments:

Erin Wallace said...

I have always wished that I could dance the tango; alas, I have absolutely no rhythm and two left feet.

Cindy said...

love the shoes! my feet would not.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - awesome shoes! I would love to tango but it would be very dangerous for my partners feet!