Saturday, December 19, 2009

She Returns With Treasures

Lost in a sea of gift-knitting projects, that's where I've been. Eighteen knitted gifts all got wrapped and mailed yesterday. Phew!

To make up for having neglected my blog for two weeks, and for needing a break from my own projects, I've decided to do a series of December posts about complete strangers whose work I simply adore. Their work inspires me to carry on, to improve my technique, and to continue dreaming. Perhaps they may also inspire you.

Today's inspirations are by TaraBacci:

Amelia by TaraBacci

This necklace with a huge ruby teardrop, tiny pink topaz rondells, rhodolite garnets, and amazing silver wirework makes me imagine wearing it with a simple floor-length sheath-style gown. It's a totally different style, but could it work with the dress in the next photo?




Of course, for me to wear this dress I should be at least eight inches taller and a few pounds lighter.


The next inspirational item by Tara is equally dreamy and I don't think it would be too over the top to add it to the ensemble:


Venetian Laguna by TaraBacci

This amazing cuff has a base of crocheted fine silver wire supporting silver wirework in various gauges of silver wire. For a list of the gemstones nested in the intricate wire embellishment click on the link and read the artist's description.

Oh, and I found the perfect dance shoes to complete the outfit:


Now I am imagining that I look like Audrey Hepburn. And that the dance I am attending is in Venice. Gotta go--my gondola's here!

2 comments:

sleepingpoet said...

Hi Sharon!

Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog--it's so nice to hear from you. Now that I'm on winter break, I'll have time to catch up on your lovely blog! Wishing you and your loved ones a happy holiday!

All the best,
Sandra

ps. This ensemble you've put together is divine!

Anonymous said...

That cuff is simply amazing!